[P1] display original clamshell

david davidwb at spymac.com
Tue May 6 05:01:55 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 04:21  AM, Johannes Hoffmann wrote:

> 1) How bright are other iBook displays when working outside? Perhaps
> my display is getting "old". Anything I can do?

The nature of the current beast is just what you see - outside in
bright light LCD technology just doesn't cut it. New technology will
soon change that.

> 2) Is there any change to replace it with a higher resolution display?
> I think the graphic chip should be able to run 1024x768 and the size
> (12.1") of the new iBook screen could fit ....

Changing the LCD of your current iBook to one with a higher resolution
would be a major hardware hack. I've not seen anyone attempt it but
that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.
Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David