[P1] Mail w/o images?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 13:30:42 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 01:07  PM, Joe Jones wrote:

> I leave it this way by default - if a spam email gets by the filter
> and loads it makes a request to a remote server to load the image and
> thus the spammer knows your address is valid and marks you up for 20x
> more spam.
>
> Nasty stuff.
>
> I set up a filter that transfers all html mail directly to the junk
> folder no matter who it's from. I check there every so often to see if
> there are any messages from non-spam sources. 99% of the time, it's
> all spam.

It's my theorey that if you wait until you disconnect and then open any
of the suspicious email, nothing gets sent to anyone and you can view
the spam without making your presence known.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com