[P1] the whirring is back! was:new ibook problem...

nobleheart nobleheart at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 8 05:54:53 PDT 2003

'Morning, Listers,

I have this condition on my iBook where I will use it on battery power
to where it's depleted, then recharge and it's up to 100%. Okay... no
problem there. Over a period of time, say anywhere beyond 8-12 hrs, the
battery begins to slowly deplete, even though I'm using the power
adapter. I'd recharged it on Monday night, it was up to 100%. The over
Tuesday I used it a couple times, never having disconnected the power
adapter. By Tuesday night it was down to 98% then by late afternoon
yesterday (5pm or so) it was down to 95%. The plug never turned amber,
it never showed that it was charging on the screen.

Is this something I need to be concerned about?

12" iBook, 800mhz, 640mb RAM, purchased December, 2002.

Kathe
Royal Oak, MI