powermac4u

Jill Whenmouth jillwhenmouth at mac.com
Fri May 9 12:38:26 PDT 2003

 On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 09:10 US/Central, Bill Horn wrote:
>> Anybody done business with these people?
>> I am getting a little worried about the deal and wonder if I
>> have been had for $1530.  Anybody had any experience with these  people?

Bill, I googled them w no result on the web; so then i ran their name thru
google's newsgroup archives and came up w this fairly recent conversation
which is perhaps the same one andy had read.  Maybe contact  Davis or Zisman
(see below) to see if either learned anything further?
I was thinking that the powermac4u website Looked quietly professional, but
i wondered why they only had paypal?... Then i looked closer at their url
http://shop.vendio.com/nwpowermac/home.html   Backtrack it to vendio.com,,
and you'll see that vendio has created their webpage....  vendio.com is a
storefront, so to speak, for anyone who wants to set up a business.

Do you think Aoole would help in any way? Could they exert pressure on
Vendio? or on Paypal? There just can't be anyway someone who is selling like
this is an authorized dealer, can it.

Now, here is the conversation from the google newsgroups.

Message 1 in threadFrom: Alan Zisman (alan at nospam.zisman.ca)
Subject: re. PowerMac4U
View this article onlyNewsgroups: alt.macintosh
Date: 2003-04-25 18:16:15 PST
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:08:54 GMT, "Tim Davis" <anybody at aol.com> wrote:
>While searching for a good deal on a new Powerbook, a "Froogle" search
>turned up this reseller in Vancouver, BC.  There are some fairly seriously
>discounted prices listed on the web site, but I don't see any mention of US
>warranty.  So far I've not been able to speak with anyone there to confirm
>this, but if in fact the warranty is there then these are incredible deals.
>Does anyone have any experience with this merchant?
>http://shop.vendio.com/nwpowermac/home.html
They claim to be local to me... so I drove to the address reported on
their website-- it turns out to be a post office box.
They didn't answer an email I sent them.

Wish you luck. Let us all know the outcome.