DiskWarrior 3 is finally available!!!

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 10 17:19:02 PDT 2003

> From: Jay Boshara <jboshara at mchsi.com>
>
> DiskWarrior is finally available in in an OS X-native version (3.0)!

A developer friend received his copy, mine is on the way (or so I'm
told).

> If so, how well does it work?

Seems to work exactly the same as 2.11, only with snazzier
window-opening things (and of course it's OS X bootable)

>   Does it defragment your
> drive?

No, it doesn't. It *does* defragment your *directory,* but it's always
done that.

Apparently PlusOptimiser will become a separate product again.
"Disappointed" is not too strong a term for my feelings on this. I will
be further disgruntled if DW 3.0 owners are not given PO as a
free-or-nearly-free (ie no more than $30) add-on.

> However, a
> quick review of the Alsoft website gives me the impression that
> DiskWarrior
> 3.0 does now have a defragmenting function that they call
> "optimizing".  Is
> that the same thing as defragmenting?

Yes, at least as Alsoft defines it.

_Chas_

Claiming that the Macintosh is inferior to Windows because most people
use Windows is like saying that all other restaurants are inferior to
McDonald's.