[P1] Junk mail filter

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Thu May 15 10:39:03 PDT 2003

Peter Nacken said on 5/15/03 11:24 AM:

>I followed that (without that rule) ... And all emails from this mailing
>list now appear to be junk :)
>
>Seems I need to make a rule that they are NOT ..
>
>Still getting some junk though ... Seems a bit less ..

The simplest filter to make to handle an overwhelming majority of spam is
to make a rule to file mail that has an address in your address book. All
other mail is treated as junk.

The only time this fails to work is when you get legitimate email from
someone not in your address book. When I'm expecting email from such a
person, I put their address in my address book.

The only spam I have get through to my "good mail" folders are the
occasional SPAM mails which have hijacked a mailing list. This happens
regularly now, will eventually happen to this list.

Paul