ibook power connecter

Scott Kosanke skosanke at rhtc.net
Sat May 17 17:59:05 PDT 2003

It seems that I have developed a problem with my power adapter. While
plugged into my ibook 600 the metal casing, and the plug entering the ibook
- both become extremely hot. I can smell a faint burning metal smell and
touching the casing or prong would burn the skin!

It has been warm before, but never this hot? Unplug the adapter from the
ibook, and it cools down rapidly.

Obviously, I have ordered a new one. However, has anyone had a power
adapter flake-out in this way? Is this a normal death? The ibook seems
fine.