DSL modem woes in Kuwait

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Mon May 19 00:50:56 PDT 2003

> From: Dan Farley <danfarley at mac.com>
>
> Dear listers
>
> The following was recently received from my brother in Kuwait. He's
> with
> Chevron in Kuwait. Any help would be appreciated.

If your brother is running OS X, there's absolutely nothing the DSL guy
needs to do except find the Ethernet plug and tell your brother whether
the DSL is of the PPPoE variety or not. Mac OS X is a *marvel* when it
comes to DSL. I routinely amaze and impress DSL installers with this.

If he's running OS 9, just have your brother download a copy of MacPOET
(if PPPoE is being used) and set it to startup on launch. Again, beyond
that there should be NO need for any third-party software.

_Chas_

Atheist having orgasm: "Ooo chemical chance! Chemical CHANCE!!"
- Bill Hicks