[P1] memory question

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Tue May 20 18:29:18 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 18:06 US/Central, Brian Olesky wrote:

>> Also, what benefit is there of purchasing the Apple Protection at the
>> same
>> time as the computer, rather than perhaps forgetting to do so in the
>> future?
>> thanks alot
>
> Be aware that if you find the free telephone support valuable (which I
> do),
> that expires 90 days after purchase, so you'll want to buy AppleCare
> before
> that if you have a sudden need for telephone support.

But . . . but . . . but . . . why would you need phone support when you
have the iBook List?

	Mike

P.S., The advantage of *not* buying it at the same time as the computer
is you can shop around for a cheaper deal.  Some places (e.g., Small
Dog)
will offer package deals including Apple Care that may be cheaper than
you'd be able to purchase separately.

The other advantage is that if you trace up to the new PlBook
in ten months, you'll find that you won't get your money back for
the Apple Care (unless you're lucky in your choice of buyer).