[P1] Apple MusicStore 'opinion article'

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 16:17:36 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 12:27  PM, Fran Dollinger wrote:

>  Damn but how I'd love to believe that a nice hefty portion of the 99
>    cents I just dropped in the wonderfully simple and elegant and
>    it's-about-goddamn-time Apple iTunes Music Store
>    <http://applemusic.com> for Björk's glorious "Bachelorette" is going
>    straight into Björk herownself's orange fur-lined pocket. You know?

The above after reading the entire passages seems little more than a
facade to hide the writer's desire to pirate music....

Why is he only interested in the musician? What about the photographers
that give the musicians more visual appear than much of their music
merits? Boob, naval and pelvic thrust videos sell more songs than the
music does.

What about the web designer and programmers that put together the sites
that sell the music. Any concern about them?

How about the poor guy climbing poles in a hurricane to keep the wires
up so the electricity flows? Any mention of him?

What I really don't understand is why people are so obsessed with
worrying about the incomes of multi-millionaire musicians. It seems
like misguided attitudes to me. But then I've never understood the
crowd mentality that cheers for multi-millionaire ball players and then
goes home to cold franks and beans. Maybe that is it, hiding from
reality...

---

If you have a Florida Driver's License, Florida will sell your private
information, including Social Security Number. To block this sale,
visit:
<http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/DPPAInfo.html>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com