[P1] Measuring moved data .. How to on the iBook ??

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Wed May 21 21:12:32 PDT 2003

> How can I see on my iBook how much data I move while being online ???

In a terminal window run "netstat -s -s -p tcp" and it will tell you a
bunch about how much data have moved in various ways since
the last boot.  The duplicated -s is not a typo, interestingly enough.
Somewhere in the output will be bytes sent and bytes received.  Most
of your traffic is probably TCP.

If you want to see other protocols, just leave off the "-p tcp."

There might be some Kool Kocoa Kommand to do this too, but
I'm afraid I'm just an old command line kind of guy.

Regards,

	Mike