[P1] Slow QuickTime movie playback

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri May 23 07:21:06 PDT 2003

I don't know exactly, but 256MB ram is low for many things, and
if the QT needs to buffer video frames in ram that could cause
the problem you describe.  512MB ram modules are pretty cheap
now--it's quite common to replace one of the stock 128MB's
with a 512 to reach the 640MB maximum, and then one hears
fewer stories of problems. :-)