DVD Heat Problems?

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Sun May 25 10:08:44 PDT 2003

Anyone have problems playing DVD movies on their combo equipped iBook?
I just bought a new 12" 900mhz combo iBook, and so far am quite happy
with it. However, while watching a DVD, about half way through, the
movie started skipping/even stopping all together, as if it was dirty
or scratched. Close inspection showed that wasn't the case.  I probably
didn't have the iBook situated well enough to dissipate the heat, as
the bottom of the iBook was very warm (much more than its normal warm
self, as I realize that is where the heat is dissipated from). After
moving the iBook to a location that would dissipate the heat better,
the same DVD played through its entirety just fine.

Joe