[P1] Sleep or Shutdown?

kollar at alltel.net kollar at alltel.net
Wed May 28 18:03:02 PDT 2003

> I love the way VPC saves the current Windows status when it quits. Wish
> Apple would do that so we don't have to go through the long
> shutdown/startup process.

My old NEC laptop has a "sleep to disk" feature that required a 40MB file (the max memory) to store the RAM in. I never used it, because it required DOS & I ran Linux on it. It would be nice if iBooks had it, but I generally just let mine sleep & reboot it only when the Airport flakes up (which happens from time to time).

    Larry