[P1] Sleep or Shutdown?

Joe Dombrowski jadombro at attbi.com
Thu May 29 20:33:45 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 12:02 AM, Brian Olesky
<brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> How does Cocktail compare to MacJanitor, which I read about on this
> list I
> think, and which I've been using for 6 or 8 months now? Do they both
> do the
> same thing? Does one do it better?
>
> Brian

Here are the descriptions from versiontracker,com

Mac Janitor:
Freeware utility to run the system's daily, weekly, and monthly
maintenance scripts (located at /etc/daily, /etc/weekly, and
/etc/monthly).

Cocktail:
Available features: enable or disable journaling, set disk spindown
time, re-prebind files, repair permissions, run cron scripts, delete
cache files, recreate alias to Mac OS 9 desktop, force empty trash,
delete locked items, delete DS_Store files, delete archived log files,
view log files, create symbolic links, change speed and duplex of
network cards, set size of the TCP receive and send window, turn off
delayed acks, request new IP from DHCP server, change network ports,
customize look and features of Finder and Dock, easily optimize system
using Auto Pilot ...

As you can see, Mac Janitor is a one trick pony while Cocktail is a
very robust utility.

Joe Dombrowski
jadombro at attbi.com