Software BaseStation?

Joe Sporleder joe at beloit-kansas.com
Fri May 30 16:57:47 PDT 2003

I'm using an old iMac as a Software BaseStation under MacOS X 10.2.6 so
that I can roam around the house with my iBook. Is there a way to over
ride using DHCP to get the iMac to share its network connection (via
EtherNet to a Wireless DSL type network)? I want to use an IP address
other than 10.0.2.x that is traditionally used by wireless networks?
This is only a temporary solution, as I will have an AirPort Extreme
hardware BaseStation with in a couple of week. In other words, I want
my AirPort network to use the same IP subnet as my EtherNet LAN, rather
than having to conform the EtherNet to the Wireless.

Joe