[P1] 17" Laptops

Remell Boyer r.boyer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 4 12:48:26 PST 2003

I really didn't expect this kind of fevor over a little bit of critism.  I was just stating that to me, your wintel stories sounded a bit, exaggerated.  I also realize that the mac is the platform of your choice and I appreciate your zeal.  It seems that many of you have left that platform never to return, and have no recent experience in it.  I do, I follow both platforms because I find them both very interesting.  Being on both sides of the fence, I can see each platform for what it is, and give no preferencial treatment to either.
Numbers are numbers, my friends.  and 3500 bucks is still 3500 (or however much you have to pay to get an equivalent machine, but pointing out that up macs have just barely cracked high end pc specs) bucks.  If you compare features, then you will see that the mac platform over the years has realized that the way it was doing it was wrong, and has continually moved over to pc style hardware.  And still no multi-button mouse?
But thats not the point.  The point of my post was to show a little bit of contrast, to just show a counterpoint to the way you were discussing the windows machines.  They are different no doubt, but I don't believe that your experiences are true of every user.  The scales are just not that unbalanced.  What I have read a horror stories, and thats all they are.  Everything usually falls in the middle.  Happy Mac users, Happy PC users =).