[P1] 17" Laptops

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Tue Nov 4 15:37:17 PST 2003

Le 04/11/2003 21:48, « Remell Boyer » <r.boyer at sbcglobal.net> a écrit :

> I really didn't expect this kind of fevor over a little bit of critism.  I was
> just stating that to me, your wintel stories sounded a bit, exaggerated.  I
> also realize that the mac is the platform of your choice and I appreciate your
> zeal.  It seems that many of you have left that platform never to return, and
> have no recent experience in it.  I do, I follow both platforms because I find
> them both very interesting.  Being on both sides of the fence, I can see each
> platform for what it is, and give no preferencial treatment to either.

*** Do you really think we're all PFY's? Do you really think all of us use
Mac's because we don't have enough balls to fight the lost war against
engineering inferiority? Do you really think you're the only one on both
sides of the fences? How about me? Should I force you into submission and
make you worship me because I'm responsible for a shop running 1200
UNIX/Linux servers and I can positively confirm to you that Windows is
CRAP!? As well as that you're a troll!?

> Numbers are numbers, my friends.  and 3500 bucks is still 3500 (or however
> much you have to pay to get an equivalent machine, but pointing out that up
> macs have just barely cracked high end pc specs) bucks.  If you compare
> features, then you will see that the mac platform over the years has realized
> that the way it was doing it was wrong, and has continually moved over to pc
> style hardware.  And still no multi-button mouse?

*** Buster, UNIX workstations had 3 button mice when you were banging on
your ZX Spectrum. Is that the only way you classify "better" equipment?

> But thats not the point.  The point of my post was to show a little bit of
> contrast, to just show a counterpoint to the way you were discussing the
> windows machines.

*** That's where you were obviously **very** wrong. I would've preferred you
realized that.

The mere fact people are on this list instead of the Toshiba's Godzilla 17"
monster tabletop is because they **don't** want and need "a bit of contrast"
or "counterpoint" concerning Windows machines. Most of them have been
exposed to that inferior IT product and came here to breath fresh air and
forget about it. They don't want to be preached the good deeds of Gates and
Balmer.

> They are different no doubt, but I don't believe that your
> experiences are true of every user.  The scales are just not that unbalanced.
> What I have read a horror stories, and thats all they are.  Everything usually
> falls in the middle.

*** Sorry to bust your bubble, man. You should get out more, though. You
seem to have missed an episode...

> Happy Mac users, Happy PC users =).

*** You're right, happy Mac users...

Cheers,