[P1] Missing in Mac vs PC arguments

Christian Dupuis cdupuis at lcc.ca
Thu Nov 6 07:50:38 PST 2003

On 5-Nov-03, at 9:07 AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> It might be interesting to find out what computers and software Apple
> uses for its own business needs. Does it do all of its accounting in
> Filemaker? Are there any windows pcs or networking devices anywhere in
> the Apple organization?

Don't know about your neck of the woods, but up here, I know there's at
least one windows PC at Apple Canada; one of their software engineers
uses to test connectivity scenarios between OS X and Windows Active
Directory. I know for a fact since he worked with me to make that run
at our institution and replicated our structure in his offices before
coming over and giving me a hand to set up the LDAP connectivity.

As far as what iron runs the databases and accounting systems, I
couldn't care less. I would assume some massive SQL system (and
probably not MS SQL server, if speed is an issue); probably being
accessed with Filemaker 6, or with a web front end. The desktops I've
seen were all either G4s or Powerbooks.

Chris