[P1] Browser Problems...

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sat Nov 8 17:15:54 PST 2003

Brian Pearce wrote:

>> Second thought--on rereading you said you're able to get to Google
>> through the IP address. That would indicate they have a router
>> problem with the DNS servers.
>

> In my wild guess I had suggested to Pat that I thought it *might* be a
> problem with DNS information stored on the Mac, if such a thing
> exists, that might have gone corrupt. But I can't seem to find where
> it might be stored, if at all, in OS X.

Might it also be a problem with the ISP's proxy server? I know my ISP's
proxy here in little old New Zealand is shocking... I decided to stop
using it when it told me it couldn't resolve www.apple.com. So you could
try turning that off or using an alternative proxy (search google for
free ones).

--Michael.