[P1] Moving from Entourage to Mail

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Sun Nov 9 06:37:36 PST 2003

On 2003-11-02 15:25, Peter Nacken wrote:

> I want to give Mail App another try and I did that import thing (which, even
> after a fairly big clean up of existing mail takes its time)  and now I have
> everything sitting in a folder called "import" in mail ..
>
> I recall that last time I tried I gave up on mail, because I could not
> replicate my old folder structure ....
>
> Is there a 'right' way of moving from entourage to mail more smoothly ?? I
> really want it to work for me .. But it is driving me nuts

Drag your Entourage folders to your desktop one by one, this'll create an
mbox file for each folder. You can then drag these files into Mail, where
they will once again show up as folders.

mbox files do not support subfolders, so make sure you copy all of them
individually!

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
 - Voltaire