[P1] Entourage 2 Mail

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Nov 9 12:12:12 PST 2003

Peter Nacken wrote the following:

> My problem is that all my folders are then stacked in a folder called
> "Import" ... But I would like to have the same folder structure as before,
> and I recall that the first time I tried, I ran into problems with that,
> maybe I  get confused about what is "IN" and then "On my computer" and then
> there is another inbox in import ...
>
> I made a screengrab side by side comparison which can be viewed here
> http://caipi.scandal.de/ent2mail.jpg
>
> Maybe someone can resolve my confusion ?

Haven't looked at your screenshots yet but would creating 'rules' or
whatever the filtering is called for new messages, help the issue? I would
have thought that if you create the sub folders and specify what 'Mail' is
supposed to do with the individual messages before doing the import...then I
would hope that all would go well?

I also have the messages sorted into subfolders and automatic rules for
moving messages in Entourage...this will no doubt be interesting...

If all else fails, I am personally prepared to stick to Entourage...I just
want to be able to see if Mail is 'nicer' to these old eyes! Also it would
be easier to do the Bluetooth synchs with all Apple apps then a less than
perfect mixture...

Cheers,

Richard