[P1] iTunes won't start

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Nov 9 12:59:57 PST 2003

Jim Shimozawa wrote the following:

> Hello iBook people:
>
> I never had any problem using iTunes until yesterday.
> Now, starting this app gives me the following message:
>        "The iTunes Music Library file cannot be read because it does
> not appear to  be a valid library file".

Are the iTunes library files (individual album folders and mp3 files in
finder window) still there? can you play a single track by double clicking
it in a finder window?

Have you tried simply trashing the prefs file for iTunes and restarting?

Not sure but if that doesn't work then I would suspect Filevault and the new
automatic defragmentation feature in 10.3...

HTH,

Richard