[P1] airport is evil

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Nov 9 14:39:35 PST 2003

ShardAerithes at aol.com wrote the following:

> it gets disconnected after about 2 minutes. She has a
> linksys 802.11b wireless router and I have a regular airport card on a 500mhz
> icebook. I will connect to aol instant messenger and be able to talk for a
> couple of minutes, then all of a sudden none of my instant messages will go
> through. For a few minutes after that happens I'm able to browse the net, but
> then all internet dies. I have to turn airport off then turn airport back on
> and it works again for a little while, about 50% of the time. I reset the
> router already, and I'm fairly confident that it's my machine. Can anyone give
> me some insight or help on what could be causing this? I'm using Jaguar.

Are you using 10.2.8?

I have intermittent connection to the internet (generally only certain
addresses) using 10.2.8 and my 700 icebook, Pat has problems as well and I
am wondering if there is something to the thought of a bug causing problems
with 10.2.8 and iBooks? I am using Airport as well to the router/DSL
modem...if Pat and yourself are also doing this as well and are using 10.2.8
there may be something to this issue??? I wonder if the battery issue is
also a part of this...

Anybody have this problem as well (and better yet did upgrading to 10.3 get
rid of it?)

Richard