[P1] iTunes won't start

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Nov 9 14:47:48 PST 2003

> Someone mentioned Filevalult - another Panther feature that I'm not
> familiar with.

<http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/filevault/> It's a security
feature that encrypts your Home Directory on the fly; it's been the
source of a number of problems reported with 10.3, and probably best
left alone while problems are sorted out (unless you make regular
back-ups while the files are not encrypted). I try to avoid putting too
much stock in User reports, but there do seem to be some substantial
issues with FileVault, and too much risk of data loss.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net