[P1] Defragmentation Method?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 05:12:10 PST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 10:58 PM, e.mkeene wrote:

> Jack, that optimizer is for OS 9 only. Yes, it is possible to boot
> from the DW CD (OS 9) and then run the optimizer on OS X if you really
> want to. Of course, it will completely screw up  the files on OS X and
> create invisible files that will louse up everything but if that is
> what YOU WANT to do, that's fine, but I certainly would not suggest
> that other people do so especially if their intent is to fix problems
> versus create new serious ones. 8> )

I used it in version prior to 10,2,6 with no problems. However, the
250,000 files on my drive took so long to optimize that I stopped after
a few runs.

I did mention that journaling was causing problems and journaling is
turned on for the internal drive in 10.3.

The problem resolves itself for those Macs that don't boot OS 9.

---
Trees are being sucked dry of life in South Florida by a tiny insect.
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>