[P1] G3 vs G4, iMac iBook etc.

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.net
Wed Nov 12 09:17:31 PST 2003

Le 07/11/2003 03:20, « James Hall » <james at nine2000.com> a écrit :

> Hi Everybody:
>
> We have one iBook, a G3 600, but the wife pretty much has it handcuffed it
> to her anytime she's @ home, leaving me to work on the PC.  I do not care to
> work on the PC, so we need a 2nd Mac.  (I'm *so* not complaining... hehe)
> I'm selling my PC (P4 1.7Ghz, 512MB, XP Pro) to buy a new Mac, and I was
> wondering... would a G4 iMac at 1Ghz be appreciably faster than a G4 iBook @
> 800Mhz?  I really am leaning towards the new G4 iBook, but that iMac remains

*** I've mixed feelings about this. My wife has an G4-800 iMac, I have a
G4-500. I find mine to be snappier. Go figger...

That's as far as my impression goes. Now, the reality: I use my G3-800 iBook
more often than my PM: The iBook is small, it's portable, I can sit anywhere
I want with the airport card, I can take all my files when I go somewhere...
Still, it's slower than my PM.

They're two different approaches to the same problem. Instead of staring
yourself blind on speed and MHz, rather ask yourself the question what
you'll be wanting to do with your Mac. Obviously, possesing two of them is
the best solution but if I had to choose I would rather go for the iBook.

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

Windows software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.