Hoods for iBooks

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Fri Nov 14 03:53:26 PST 2003

>Much as I love my icebook, I have to admit that the screen has never
>been bright enough to be used outside in daylight.

Two sources:

-  CoolShield ($19.95)  http://www.coolshield.com/coolshield.html

This folds up nicely and includes a small LED light that sort of
illuminates the keyboard, though it's a bit of a pain to get it just
right. It is available for the 12" iBook.

The same company makes the ScreenSleeve, which I use all the time. It's a
sleeve that fits over the top half of the iBook, covering the screen. You
can close the iBook with the sleeve on to protect the screen from the
keyboard. When the iBook is open, the sleeve keeps the screen from
gathering dust.

-  Hoodman ($27.95)  http://www.hoodmanusa.com/powerbook.asp

They have a hood for the 12" PowerBook. It would probably fit the 12"
iBook, as well.

I haven't seen a hood for the 14" iBook yet. You might ask both of those
companies.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com