Desaturated Colors

Dave M Wyman davewyman at imountainman.com
Tue Nov 18 19:45:30 PST 2003

Jack Rogers wrote:

>>That's the nature of the beast and a problem since crayons were
invented.

Apple's default setting for an LCD screen is probably not the one you
want. Try RGB or sRGB which gives deeper colors. There is a lot more
theory involved and I am not competent to explain it. But I have
decades of similar experience seeing color photos with a blue tinge,
red tinge, etc. What one does is learn the rules and play accordingly.
Welcome to a subject with a lot to learn.<<

That wasn't the answer I wanted, Jack. I don't mind that there might be certain color shifts between computer monitors, but I'm not happy with the idea that my iBook desaturates colors, which seems to be the case. It means I have to duplicate images and pump up the color so that I can show them on my iBook, while using the original images for use with my digital projector. Which means more work.

Dave

--
http://www.davewyman.com
http:www.idrivebackroads.com (Guidebook to Northern California)

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.