[P1] Query about 14" iBooks

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 08:00:33 PST 2003

On 11/25/03 9:10 AM, "Mike Wallinga" <mwallinga at mailup.net> wrote:

> Hello to the list!
>
> I am considering purchasing a new iBook G4.  I've always been a fan of
> small, super-portable laptops (my current laptop is a 12" 600 MHz G3
> iBook), so I am automatically drawn to the 12" model.  But, the 933 MHz
> G4 in the 14" model sounds pretty attractive when compared to the 800
> MHz chip in the 12" one.  So, I am torn between portability and power.
>
> To those of you who have used a 14 inch iBook (G4 or not, it doesn't
> matter) - and ideally to those of you who have used both a 12 and a 14
> inch model:

    I just got my 12" G4 iBook yesterday. When in Nashville a few weeks ago,
I tried out the 14" model and the 12" and knew then I was going to order the
12".  The 14" worked fine, but it didn't seem any faster for basic things
such as you say you will do. The 14 does have a larger HD, but I ordered
through the online Apple Store (for educational discount) and got the 60 gig
anyhow.
    As far as "viewing experience," the resolution is the same, so I really
think the 12 inch looked sharper. You don't gain any screen real estate
because of the resolution, but things are a bit larger.
    I use the Road Tools Podium Pad for my iBook (for my G3 I've had as
well) and heat isn't really a factor.

Gary
--
http://homepage.mac.com/joehardy