[P1] Can-Do! iBook!

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Wed Nov 26 14:18:11 PST 2003

On Nov 26, 2003, at 10:59 AM, Paul Bernhardt wrote:

> A Rah Rah post for how great our iBooks are:
>
> Oh, and I passed: By tradition, I'm now allowed to be called, "Doctor."
>
> Paul

	Congratulations! Although I went through my defense in summer of 1987,
I still remember it all too vividly.  (Of course, I passed too. :) )
	There were no iBooks then and my "dissertation machine" was a
dual-floppy IBM PCjr and I used PC-Write for software and a daisywheel
printer for the output.
	The prior autumn when I did my final comprehensive exam, however, I
chose to haul my trusty full-size Royal office manual typewriter with
me. (Comps had to be typed.) Several other students brought
first-generation "portable" PCs. Two of them had to be allowed extra
time to finish because the computers "ate" their files and corrupted
their floppy disks.  I would imagine that today an iBook would prove a
whole lot more trustworthy.
	It's kind of nice the first time they call you "Doctor," isn't it?  :)

Gary
--
AIM, iChat: GaryJTN
http://homepage.mac.com/joehardy