Another switcher and iBook G4 good news

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Nov 29 15:09:06 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

Well, good news is that the wife finally saw the light after her Sony Vaio
died unexpectedly recently and is now using a new G4 iBook (1 GHz, 14") and
I can see her smile finally when using a computer...

Now I just need to get over my inferiority complex of using a 12" 700 MHz G3
iBook :-)

First observations are that the 14" G4 is actually quite a bit faster at
nearly everything even with less ram (256 Mb standard) compared to my 640
Mb...

I love the small footprint and lightweight of the 12 but I do have to admit
that the 14 screen is much nicer and easier on the eyes...

BTW, she is getting easily over 4 hours with the battery at full screen
brightness and external items powered from the iBook as well! (we were using
it to run Soundsticks and iSub as well as USB Bluetooth dongle, logitech
optical keyboard and mouse, iPod AND Sony external DVD burner!) simply
unbelievable...

Both running Panther.

Richard