[P1] Airport Extreme ?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Mon Oct 13 10:52:20 PDT 2003

CompUSA this week has APC (a good, reliable brand) BX-1500 on
sale for $150 with a further $50 mailin rebate bringing the price
down to $100.  I'm responsible for many APC's and we've had only
1 problem in several years, not counting batteries wearing out.
that problem, and a safety recall, were handled fine by phone and
their-paid shipping.  They have at their web site a useful
trade-up program, too.  Get the BX-1500 and an APC ethernet-only
surge suppressor and yo've got a good unit; the more expensive
(and not at CompUSA) RX-1500 has ethernet surge suppression builtin.
APC's very basic 350-ES or some such have been at as low as like $10
from like OfficeMax, etc, and I've bought them for friends like
stocking stuffers.