Moving the whole thing

John Moore johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 06:18:57 PDT 2003

Last year, I bought my iBook and a 17" flat panel iMac, both of them
800 mhz processors. I had some trouble with the hard disk on the iMac
that has now been solved. In the meantime, I have done most of my work
on my iBook, which I have come to love and depend upon.

Now that I have my iMac back in working order, I want to transfer my
whole system I have been using on the iBook--all applications, files,
bookmarks, preferences--everything, to a bootable partition on the
iMac, replicating everything that now lives on my iBook.

I have found several articles on the Apple support site that talk about
moving individual files, etc., but not the entire system. In OS9 I
would have simply created a partition on the iMac to hold the iBook
files and apps, firewired into the iBook hard drive, done a Select All
and drug everything to the iMac. My question is, will this work for
SystemX?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer me on this.

best,
johnpaulmoore at austin.rr.com