[P1] ibook power button

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Tue Oct 14 19:21:51 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 09:52  PM, Mark Huzar wrote:

> Hi, I have a 466 Graphite clamshell ibook that I bought used over a
> year
> ago...and ever since I've had it it will not start up easily ...

At the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like you have a physical
problem with the switch; almost as if a connection isn't being properly
made. I find I rarely have to use the power button with OS X (I just
leave the computer in sleep mode when it isn't being used); but this
problem is only going to get worse for you as time goes on, so it
probably isn't something you'll be able to ignore for long.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net