laser printer suggestions

JONATHAN P HARAHUSH jph200 at psu.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:34:55 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Over the summer, i received an Epson C40 inkjet printer for free.  However, i'm
so disappointed with the quality of this printer that i decided to just spend a
little more and buy a laser printer.  Does anyone have any recommendations for
persona laser printers for use on an iBook 600MHz running 10.2.8?

Also, I can get a cheap Apple LaserWriter 4/600PS -- except this doesn't have a
USB or ethernet connection.  Is there an adapter I could get that would allow
this printer to work without much trouble?

Thanks for any suggestions and input.  I used to have an Epson Stylus 740i
printer and it was great.  I don't know what happened with Epson, but the C40
is something that should be avoided at all costs.

I mainly print text and have access to another printer for when I want to print
photos on photo paper, so I'm thinking a laser printer may be the way to go.

Jon Harahush