[P1] OS X 10.3 Early Adopter

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Sat Oct 25 23:44:59 PDT 2003

Incredible that even the fiji official apple rep had the Panther box on
Friday, but would not give me one (would have been 10 hours before US
release) ... So .. He promised to leave me a box at some retail outlet in
the city on Saturday ... And I was willing to pay 333 FJD = 185USD to have
it as soon as possible ... But ... This is Fiji .. People say things and
then nothing happens .. No package was waiting for me ...

So .. Err... I found a different solution and now have all 3 macs running on
Panther (and I promise I will pay my 129$ [actually 199 for 3 machines, I am
sure that someone would have pointed that out] when I am back in the US in a
few weeks) even the 300 Mhz tangerine .. A machine which is 4 years old ...
Sure it is not displaying exposé as smooth as the G4 ... But it works ...
All upgrades .. No wipe and clean install .. So far I am loving it .. No
real problems, my ISDN modem shows some weird behavior .. It disconnects and
keeps saying "disconnecting" .. Shutting down internet connect and
unplugging the modem does not help .. Only thing that helps is restarting
the machine .. Darn ISDN here ..

Ok .. So .. That is my story .. Sure enough I get some flaming .. But hey,
when you live at the bottom of the world, and the apple rep does not deliver
.. What can one do ???