[P1] Damaged CD tray

Ken Anderson kanderson at theglobal.net
Sun Oct 26 21:58:31 PST 2003

> Sure. Crack open the iBook, take out the defective drive, and Google
> its
> brand and type number. You're bound to find an online source for it.

If I was able to get it for a period of time I could do that.  It's in
pretty heavy use all the time and it usually stays with the user 24/7.
Are there any other ways of getting the needed info with out
disassembly and thus 'downing' the iBook?  Apple Profiler seemed to
flop at this.  It is running 9.1.  Slowly getting everything to 9.2.2
and X.

>> When checking on repair we are told it would be upwards of $900.
>
> Who quoted you that? You can buy, if they are still available, a new
> 700 for just about $700-$800.

That number came from the Applecare phone call placed by the school.
It seemed way out there to me.

Ken