[P1] Why...might be OT

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Wed Oct 29 05:32:50 PST 2003

On Oct 29, 2003, at 3:01 AM, iBook List wrote:

> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:36:55 -0600
> Subject: [P1] Why...might be OT
> From: patdart <patdart at cox-internet.com>
>
> won't an excel file from a PC open only in Word, not Excel on my iBook?
>   I need it to open in Excel so I can work with it.  Any thoughts?  It
> was burned to a floppy.
>
> If this OT, I'm sorry.
>
> Pat

Pat, YMMV, but there's only one way that I have been able to open PC
Excel files. Maybe because I only have Office 98. (The only reason why
I keep Classic around! Well, and Pagemaker, too.)  Dunno.

Open the file from within Excel and make sure you set the popup in the
Open File dialog to let Excel view "All Files."

Double-clicking on a PC Excel file never works for me, even when I set
Excel as the application to open those files. Maybe Office X is
supposed to work better.

Like I said, YMMV.

BTW, get the file off that floppy first: it's faster and more reliable.

j.

[Hey, Joost! Look! Bottom posting!]

--
Jonathan Fletcher