[P1] backing up, slightly OT

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 30 18:18:29 PST 2003

On Oct 30, 2003, at 7:25 PM, KhooCK wrote:

> Remember to disconnect the firewire drive when installing and starting
> Panther for the first time - Macworld reports data corruption if this
> is not
> done. Seems to affect all external firewire drives.

Also, protect your backup set.

The first thing I did before installing Panther was to disconnect the
drives and then make sure I did not activate my backup software.
Nothing worse than backing up a corrupt install on top of a good
backup...

---
In our overly developed South Florida, the closest some kids come to
wildlife is bird poop on a car. Where have all the butterflies gone?

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net