what would it take??

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Fri Oct 31 00:10:29 PST 2003

I'm currently sitting in the office listening to my iPod - thru my iBook
because I foolishly forgot to recharge the iPod. Since the tunes
themselves aren't on the iBook, but on my cube at home, I need t use
iTunes to control the music.

As I plugged in the iPod headphone & remote into my iBook 700 audio jack,
it appeard that the iBook has the same "funky" connector that the iPod
does, which is what I assume passes the control signals from the clip-on
remote control panel to the iPod.

It would have been super way cool if the controls would ork on the
iBook/iTunes as well. I'm using 10.2.8 & iTunes 4.01. Maybe this was fixed
in 4.1 or Panther. (I haven't yet upgraded because it is just too risky
while I'm on this business trip).

I guess it's time to fire up the ol' feedback web page.

Allan