crazy dock

don hinkle donhinkle at att.net
Mon Sep 1 20:56:19 PDT 2003

I've set the dock so that it hides or reappears when I press Cmd+Opt+D.
That's cool.
HOWEVER, now the Dock persists in rising out of nowhere if I drop the
cursor to the bottom of the screen. Sometimes I'm simply trying to reach
something else down there and don't want the Dock to rise up--like a cat
when you hold a hand over its back and it rises up to get petted.
I just checked the Dock System Preferences and Automatically Hide and
Show the Dock has been Re-Checked after I deliberately Unchecked it.

What's going on? Why can't I make that order stick?