[P1] wireless signal problem

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 14:05:46 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 02:11  PM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:

> HELP?? To connect to the internet, I now have to STAND and hold my
> iBook up close to the router that is sitting on top of a bookshelf.

Check with people you know to see if they have an ABS. When you find
one, maybe at your local Apple store, see how your book works there. If
it doesn't, call apple from that location getting your friend abs
provider's permission.

Check your preferences, especially in your backup. Maybe the airport
preferences were changed during the repair.

Note: always backup at the very least your preference files before
sending off to repair. Then all you have to do is drop the copies in
the proper place and everything is as it was.

Of course, no one sends their hard drive contents away and instead
backs it up so at the least you would do a restore.

One particularly important concept is that after the first install and
you have everything working just right, you backup everything. Then you
can reinstall those working preferences when it hits the fan and be OK
in no time at all.

,,, OK the super secret power use trick would be to create a new user
in X and log out and log in to that user and see if the problem
persists. You will of course have to reset your airport preferences...

---
I live in a country where 13,000,000 people stare mindlessly at the
image of men and women eating worms, animal noses, entrails and worse.
Now I am afraid to go out at night.

<http://www.JackRodgers.com>
<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net