[P1] wireless signal problem

Mike Beede beede at visi.com
Wed Sep 10 16:35:30 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 06:45 US/Central, Jonathan Fletcher
wrote:

> "Oh, what a tangled web we weave..."
>
> Do NOT lie. Check it out with an ABS and then make them make it right
> and a little more. If you are right you do not need to lie about it.
> This is Apple, remember? Not some PC-ist ISP...

I think that's what I said.  Except there is absolutely no
reason that you need an Airport Base Station to verify that
the computer is hosed.  Any 802.11b base that is working should
be sufficient to diagnose it as a computer problem vs. a
base station problem.

The original poster had a non-Apple base station, and I
thought the point was that phone support said they needed
one before they'd believe the machine was busted.  Perhaps
I'm misrecollecting.

	Mike Beede