[P1] cartoon or animation program?

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Sep 11 15:31:25 PDT 2003

Emma Gilbride wrote the following:

> I have a PowerPoint presentation that would really needs a couple of
> slides with animated graphics. The graphics I have in mind are not
> complicated: a vat fills with liquid, the liquid changes color, the vat
> drains. I have checked PowerPoint and it do this on its own. Since I
> have never really paid attention to graphics/animation before, I don't
> even know what kind of software I need.
>
> So, what (really cheap) software do I need to do this. Additionally,
> once inserted into the PowerPoint presentation, the cartoon/animation
> has to able to run on windoze afflicted machines.
>
> Thanks for the help.

What about clipart available from MS at the office site...there may indeed
be something there of use already.

If this doesn't work then...

Have you thought about Appleworks? It should have come with the iBook...then
try saving it as a compatible medium for other programs to work with...not
tried any of this myself but may be that you can use this in something like
QT or iMovie and then insert it as an animation in PP? Do you have a digital
camera? This may be able to take the shots and then using the Ken Burns
affect make your movie in another product...(QT, iPhoto, iMovie)

Or further out on a limb...what about trying OpenOfficeOrg software for the
vector drawing program...or GIMP for bit map stuff...they are both free
(only need to be downloaded from the internet and both are large and require
some time and space on the HD as well as Unix understanding but thought I
would mention them just in case you ran into a brick wall otherwise...

Does anyone using Graphics Converter know if it can do this request?

Of course the best/easiest solution would be the expensive programs such as
Corel Draw / Photopaint or even more expensive Macromedia / Adobe products
that work multi platform...

Cheers,

Richard