PDF file question: PLEASE HELP

Paul Miller pauljosephmiller at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 14:26:59 PDT 2003

Hi All-

This kind-of follows the same thread re PDF file creation from a few
days ago.  I also have tried creating a PDF via the print function in
OsX for my scans of magazine and journal articles (text and photo) but
they look horribly pixellated.  The original scan is fine (can save to
jpeg, tiff, doc depending on the type of scan- using a HP G55, by the
way) via simpletext/preview or quicktime picture reader.  Open up the
newly saved OsX generated PDF with Acrobat Reader and it looks like
CRAP.

I don't know much about adobe products and the product list on their
site it kinda confusing to me but I guess Acrobat 6 is the correct
program.  Adobe PDF Creator is for windows only it says.  But the price
for Acrobat 6 is INSANE.  I won't use the online PDF creator service
because of confidentiality of some of the scans (old bill files too).

For the amount of space in the house we'd reclaim, my wife should
happily pay the steep price, but alas, no such luck.  Any alternatives
besides the VPC route or eBay for an older (and not necessarily much
cheaper) copy?
HELP!

Thanks,
Paul