[P1] Video cd what do i need to make them

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 04:52:47 PDT 2003

> Since i cant do dvd movies. What do i need to do video cds? I have a ibook 800
> with just a cd rom. What do i need to play them? Can they be played on a dvd
> player? What is a good dv camcorder to get for imovie, for $400 or less? I
> know i have a lot of questions thanks for all the answers. Josh

Interestingly enough - not all dvd players can play vcds. So you need to
check that out first. Quality is OK but definitely not DVD quality.

Toast Titanium is the software you'll need and iMovie that comes with every
mac these days.

Canon Recorders are pretty good for that price if you don't do a lot of
inside recording. Their low light capability is more limited than some
others.