[P1] Sharing printers on a Windows network

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Sep 22 14:38:34 PDT 2003

Eric Richardson wrote the following:

<snip>

> But altho I
> can see all the computers on the network and communicate with them, but
> I can't see or use the shared printer. I don't know why. When I try to
> add it (I use a shared printer over my Appletalk wireless and ethernet
> connections at home), the printer is just not seen. What am I missing?
> What do I need to do? Right now, I have to drop docs on the windows
> machines and print from them. Can anyone help?

Can't provide much help myself but just in case you haven't looked...

The answer may be easier and better described on a mixed environment
site/list (Mac / PC) try the following to see if they can help...

<http://www.macwindows.com/>

<http://www.ibiblio.org/macsupport/mac_networking.html>

or do a google search on 'email lists'...there is bound to be someone out
there that has been through it before.

Not much direct help but still hope something useful

Cheers,

Richard