Final Cut Express on Clamshell iBook

David Crump davecrump at mac.com
Tue Sep 23 07:38:07 PDT 2003

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their responses to my question about using Final Cut Express on my iBook.  I thought I'd post the conclusion to this thread...

I spoke to Apple Customer Support and they assured me that even though the "Before you install" document reads that the software requires a dual USB iBook, it will still work on my clamshell iBook.  I installed the software last night and it seems to work fine.  I haven't had a chance to play with it too much to say anthing about performance, but it looks like a great program.  I watched the DVD tutorial that comes with it and it makes iMovie look like a toy.  I'm excited to start using it.
Thanks again for the responses.
Dave.