[P1] ibook 466se dvd drive not working?

Kyotc at aol.com Kyotc at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 06:27:46 PDT 2003

Hello,

Yesterday morning my dvd-drive was working fine and last night when I got
home from work it just stopped. Now everytime I startup the dvd-drive sits there
and spins about ten times then stops before it loads. When I stick a cd or dvd
it spins while trying to read it. About the 5th time it sounds like it
engages then stops right before it whirrs to life. Just wondering if anyone has any
ideas of fixing this situation. I switched from X to 9 same thing. I even
tried to use the hardware test cd and start up cds... Didn't work. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rom